I am back from my blogging break because we are finally moved in to our new home! Super exciting. This is going to be brief because I still have a ton of cleaning and organizing to do around here, but here is my “Moving with 2 kids story.”
Our house sold on May 1 and all our stuff was packed up on May 2, we lived in a hotel for 28 days before driving 10 hours to our new house, staying 7 more days in a hotel, then finally moving in. None of it was ideal, but that’s how life is, right? I love love love love our new home and neighborhood and I couldn’t be happier about it! We have great neighbors and we are within walking distance to store, shops, banks, school. parks, and restaurants!
I have to be honest, living in a hotel with a 3 year old and a 16 month old SUCKS! There is just nothing fun about it. I will admit that I had less Hands Free moments then I would have liked too, but everyone is still alive so I must have done something right. So I put together a little list that I think all parents should reference if ever traveling in the car or staying at a hotel for long periods of time.
In the Hotel:
- Must have a pool
- Must have an elevator (some days we rode the elevator just for fun!)
- Must have 24 hour coffee
- Must have wifi and cable
- Must have microwave and fridge
- Bring some of your own toys (bath toys are great too)
- Bring a sound machine so your kids don;t hear every slamming door
- Unplug the phones in the room so your kids can play with them
- Go to local parks everyday!
In the Car:
- DVD player (I know some people don’t do TV, but this thing is a life saver!)
- Feed the kids in the car, went you get to a rest stop they want to run not sit and eat
- Play kids music and sing along
- Bring paper, crayons, stickers, etc
- Get each child a pair of sunglasses and give them out during the ride
- Have a basket that will hold snacks, drinks, toys etc easily reachable
That’s all folks! I am working on some fun summer stuff and should have a great list up by Thursday!